Paden City Pottery was established in 1907 near Paden City, WV. Their early wares are marked P.C.P. Co. through the 1930s, when they started using the full name in the backstamp. Most pieces are marked with a date code on back. Paden City is credited with the first use of underglaze decal decoration, starting around 1940 with their Shenandoah Ware line. The company quit producing in the late 1950s & formally went out of business in 1963.